Ariana Grande Ends Tour After Manchester Attack

Ariana Grande Ends Tour After Manchester Attack
Ariana Grande Ends Tour After Manchester Attack
Ariana Grande Ends Tour After Manchester Attack
Ariana Grande Ends Tour After Manchester Attack

Pop singer Ariana Grande has “indefinitely suspended” the remainder of her Dangerous Woman Tour in the wake of the bombing attack on Monday evening after her concert in Manchester.

At least 22 people have died, some of those children, and 59 others were injured in an explosion at Manchester Arena on Monday evening.

Police are treating the incident as a terrorist attack.

Early this morning, the singer tweeted that she was “broken” following the attack.

TMZ reported that the she will be suspending her European tour for the time being — s he was scheduled to perform in London on Thursday, as well as in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland.

However, The Guardian’s Mark Sweney tweeted that London’s O2 had “no clarity on Arianna Grande gigs this week” but that there is already a “thorough security regime” and +”enhanced security checks” in place.

A press release from the O2 read: “Ariana is due to perform at The O2 on Thursday and Friday and we will advise as soon as we can as to the status of those shows.”

Sources in contact with the entertainment site reportedly told TMZ that Grande was “inconsolable” and “in hysterics” when she learned of the casualties following the attack and is in “no condition to perform.”

Grande’s manager, Scooter Braun, followed up with a statement, saying in part: “We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act. We are thankful for the selfless service tonight of Manchester’s first responders who rushed towards danger to help save lives.”

The explosion occurred around 10:30 p.m. local time (BST).

Speaking to Manchester Evening News, concertgoer Sibion Joyce said: “The concert had ended and she had played her last encore. She went off and the lights came on. Everyone got up to leave. As we did we just heard a loud bang. People were running and people were really scared.”

Chief constable Ian Hopkins from Manchester police says the attacker was one lone man and he was “carrying an improvised explosive device, which he detonated causing this atrocity.”

The police confirmed the attacker died in the explosion and are establishing whether “he was acting alone or as part of a network.”

Hopkins said investigations are continuing to establish if he was part of a network and there is a detailed forensic search of the area. He asked “we would ask people not to speculate on his details or to share names. There is a complex and wide-ranging investigation under way.”

Previous articleMaltese Puppy Used To Clean Supercar (Watch)
Next articleTom Cruise confirms ‘Top Gun 2’ sequel is coming
To contact the editors responsible for this story: [email protected]


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.