The Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) has launched an online COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Tool. Currently, there is a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine available and only those in phase 1a (healthcare workers and long term care residents) and phase 1b (frontline essential workers and those 65 years of age and older) are being vaccinated. As plans are made to vaccinate additional phases and the whole community, an effective, efficient, and equitable tool was needed to identify, schedule, and vaccinate residents.
Below are the 4 steps to getting your COVID-19 vaccine.
Step 1: Register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Complete the online form to get on the list for a COVID-19 vaccine
- Vaccination is priority based by risk to the individual and to the community.
- Vaccination is not provided on a first come first serve basis
- Do not compare your vaccination wait time to others as you may not know all the factors that indicate the priority for other individuals
- You will be asked to provide the following:
- Information about you and your medical history
- Contact information you check often, so you can be reached to make an appointment
- All information is confidential and will only be shared as appropriate
- You will receive an email confirmation once your registration is successfully completed
- Click here to register
Step 2: Make an appointment
- When it is your turn to make an appointment, you will get a text or email from [email protected].
- It may take a few weeks or months to get to Step 2.
- Once you make your appointment, you will get a Vaccine Ticket to bring to your appointment
- If you do not see this email registration in 24 to 48 hours, please make sure you are registered by contacting the COVID-19 hotline at 1-815-319-6705.
Step 3: Getting the COVID-19 vaccine
- Print your Vaccine Ticket and bring it with you to your appointment.
- At your scheduled time and date – go to the designated location and follow instructions
- Please wear your face covering and remember to stay 6 feet apart
Step 4: Get Your 2nd Dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- You need two doses of vaccine to protect you from the virus
- You will receive a text or email with instructions on returning for your second dose
- Continue to practice the 3 Ws:
- Wash your hands
- Wear your face covering
- Watch your distance