Man in 20s dies in Hackney stabbing bringing London death toll to 50 this year.
The victim was found with multiple stab wounds in Hackney on Wednesday evening.
The injured man approached police officers on patrol shortly before 8pm.
Officers provided first aid and ambulance crews were called but they were unable to save him.
He died at the scene shortly before 8.25pm.
The Metropolitan Police said there had been no arrests and the victim’s next of kin have not yet been informed.
“The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been notified,” a force spokesman added.
Just hours earlier in the same borough, a man in his 50s died outside a Betfred bookmakers in Upper Clapton Road following a suspected fight.
The incident is being investigated by homicide detectives but it is too early to say if it is being treated as murder, a police spokeswoman said.
It follows serious concerns about violence in London after a spike in murders in the city so far this year.
At least 48 people have been killed in London since the start of 2018, with more murders committed in the capital in February and March than there were in New York.
On Monday, 17-year-old Tanesha Melbourne was shot dead in Tottenham, just minutes before 16-year-old Amaan Shakoor was gunned down and killed in Walthamstow.
Meanwhile, Richard Osborn-Brooks, 78, is being held on suspicion of murdering a suspected burglar in Hither Green, southeast London on Wednesday.