Firefighters have been tackling a huge blaze which has completely devastated one of Scotland’s oldest golf clubs.
The fire has ripped through the entire clubhouse at Machrihanish Golf Club, destroying the entire building.
Crews rushed to the scene, in Argyll and Bute, early on Wednesday afternoon and the fire was still raging at 8pm.
There were no reports of any injuries, but the club steward and his family are understood to have lost their home in the blaze.
Members and staff are said to have rushed to save memorabilia from the lounge before the fire spread.
Owners described the “complete devastation” as the fire swept through the historic golf club.
In a statement on Facebook, they said: “Absolute devastation has hit Machrihanish Golf Club today.
“A fire has ripped through the entire Clubhouse, completely destroying the building.
“Fire Fighters have been working tirelessly from lunchtime today to try and contain the fire but unfortunately, despite every effort, they have been unable to save the building.”
The statement added: “Our thoughts are with all Club Members at this sad time with our heartfelt, special thoughts going to Iain, our Club Steward and his family who have very sadly lost their home.”
Machrihanish Golf Club was formed in 1876 and the Championship Course has become known for its first hole which requires players to hit a ball over the sea.