Hoverboard catches fire at Deerbrook Mall (Video)

0
907
Hoverboard catches fire at Deerbrook Mall (Video)
Hoverboard catches fire at Deerbrook Mall (Video)

A mall was evacuated after a hoverboard caught fire and exploded. That incident happened at a kiosk that was selling the boards inside the Deerbrook mall.

Bryson Menard, 13, used his Christmas money to buy a $400 dollar board from Xcel Toys and Boards on Dec. 26.

When he took it home it wasn’t working properly.

“That evening he was riding it and it seemed to be malfunctioning so we contacted the person we bought it from, he told us to bring it back,” Kristi Menard said.

READ  Shooting Reported at West Texas High School, Report

They were supposed to pick it up today but then they saw the hoverboard fire on the news and decided they wanted their money back.

READ  Two Dead in Antarctic Station after being found unconscious

“I kind of panicked after we saw that,” Kristi Menard said.

Menard said she went inside the mall and the kiosk was shut down. She said the salesman won’t return her calls.

READ  Home Office had migrant removal target, says new report

“They’re completely gone, can’t get in touch with them anymore,” she said

Deerbrook Mall said it has not yet decided whether it will continue to allow the hoverboards to be sold in the mall.

Sherri E. White

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.