YouTube prankster ‘cements’ head inside microwave (Video)

YouTube prankster 'cements' head inside microwave (Video)
YouTube prankster 'cements' head inside microwave (Video)
YouTube prankster 'cements' head inside microwave (Video)
YouTube prankster ‘cements’ head inside microwave (Video)

YouTube Prankster cements his head into a microwave, emergency services save him.

The firefighters from West Midlands Fire Service came across a shocking and unusual case Wednesday. It took an hour for the crew of five firefighters to free YouTube prankster, Jay Swingler, after he had cemented his head inside a microwave oven in the garage of his home at Fordhouses, Wolverhampton, U.K.

The 22-year-old man along with his group of friends intended to use a microwave oven as a mould but it all went wrong. They protected his head using a plastic bag inside the electrical appliance and then mixed seven bags of Polyfilla and poured it around his head.

His friends tried hard to free him for more than 90 minutes before emergency services arrived at the place to rescue Swingler.

The group somehow managed to help Swingler breathe by putting an air tube into the appliance, till help arrived.

The rescue team had to make a video-call to their technical team for help, after which they successfully separated the microwave oven from the man’s head, reported local publication News Barrhead.

Describing the incident, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, told News Barrhead: “As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured.”

“Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded,” Dakin said. “The man was very relieved when we removed a large chunk of the Polyfilla with a screwdriver, allowing him to breathe more easily. But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head.”

“The oven was being used as a mould, and wasn’t plugged in. The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they’d already been trying to free him for an hour and a half,” Dakin confirmed, RNZ reported.

“It took us nearly an hour to free him. All of the group involved in the act was very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need,” he added.

Earlier, in June, a man trapped in a cement hopper for more than two and a half hours was rescued at a manufacturing company at 300 block of Sullivan Road in Aurora, Colorado.

A 23-year-old Unilock Chicago employee went into the hopper to clean it and stepped in residual cement at the bottom, becoming stuck as the cement hardened and surrounded his legs nearly up to his knees.

The man’s coworkers tried to get him out for about a half hour before calling 911, according to the fire department, which responded at 10:09 p.m. Friday to the situation on the 300 block of Sullivan Road.

After failed initial attempts to get the man out of the hopper, the fire department called out its Technical Rescue Team, which went out with specialized equipment and trained firefighters, fire officials said. About two hours after the first responders arrived, firefighters and rescue team members rescued the man, whom paramedics then took to an Aurora hospital. He was treated for minor injuries and released, according to the fire department.

Previous articleOxford Lavinia Woodward launches appeal against sentence
Next articleKnife attack at Tokyo shrine: Three people dead, one injured
To contact the editors responsible for this story: [email protected]

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.